Zig Zag Extreme

This is my entry for the Daily Post weekly photo challenge. As soon as I read the topic, I immediately thought about the road from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu. The buses that traverse this road are not for the faint of heart nor weak of stomach. I speak from experience. I found the ride up tolerable as we travelled at a lovely slow speed, but the ride down was another story. The second day of my visit I went up by bus but I chose to walk down. I was alone on the walk and it was a little uncomfortable at times (being all alone on the forested path) but it was a good choice for me.zig zag road road close upHere is someone who was sure-footed at altitude.llamaIt is worth any amount of discomfort to experience Machu Picchu.
Machu Picchu terraced steps distant view

Tagged , , , ,

16 thoughts on “Zig Zag Extreme

1. Paula says:

:D Good for you Terri. The views and shots are worth it :)

2. Linda Cote says:

Gorgeous photos, and I would probably walk, too!

3. poppytump says:

What an experience Terri ! I think I’s have been with you on the walk … a bus journey all the way down … aargh

4. That’s a gorgeous landscape, Terri, but how long was that trek down? (I love the strolling llama shot!)

• I seem to think it was about an hour and a half, but it was a couple of years ago so I could be mistaken. I’m sure it wasn’t any longer. I loved how relaxed all the llamas were. They pretty much look after cutting the grass there. I’d get one but we don’t have any lawn. Whew.

5. Moersalin says:

This is awesome :)

6. Colline says:

Such a beautiful place to visit.

7. Looks beautiful, but exhausting walking all that way down! I’ve never been but hope I’ll get a chance one day. Fantastic experience!

8. ranu802 says:

The place is quite hilly and a ride on the bus must be scary, Terri, you are very brave Terri.

Liked by 1 person

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 584 other followers