weekly photo challenge : color

I took a couple of weeks off from the photo challenge, but how could I resist this week? Color? Really? I adore color. I crave color. I breathe color. Color is incredibly important! So, I thought I’d do the challenge. Check here for more entries. Personally I can hardly wait to start going through them. But back to my picks. On a normal challenge I can’t contain myself to one photo. I’m fighting to limit this selection, but I’m not winning the battle. I thought I’d show a few things around my house – things I enjoy every day. The first photos show some things in my studio – slippers and textiles over the studio closet doorway, my most current sewing project, fabric scraps that are too wonderful to dispose of, a bucket of pearl cotton embroidery thread and of course Kush the cat hanging out on a fabric shelf. (I didn’t follow the challenge instructions EXACTLY – I was just too excited to read it until I’d finished. Oops!)

above closet in studio sewing project fabric scraps pearl cotton thread cat on fabric shelfHere are details of some of the artwork that surrounds me – work by Ann Dunbar (paper and ceramic art piece “Adoration of the Stove”), Sue Benner (fused and painted silk wall quilt), Alan Lerner (face of ceramic cube), John Garrett (metal, bead and wire “Slipper Basket”) and Arthur Shilling (oil painting “Mother”).

Ann Dunbar Sue Benner Alan Lerner John Garrett Arthur Shilling

I’ll finish with a couple of pictures of my tile work on the house exterior. I’ve may have posted them before, but I can’t help myself. I love color. I love this challenge!

tile mosaic mural til wall section

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

47 thoughts on “weekly photo challenge : color

1. Linda Cote says:

Love the slippers over your studio closet (and Kush, of course!). And, “Adoration of the Stove” is wonderful – thanks for sharing all your inspiring color. It brightened up this snowy April day!

2. Fantastic! The colors are gorgeous…you really did embrace the challenge. I really like the portrait? The colors and brush strokes are really special!

3. Peter S says:

Love the photo of Kush on the fabric! And the oil painting titled ‘Mother’ too.

4. Great shots all displaying color, but you saved your best one for the middle with Kush and her gorgeous green eyes.

5. MixerUpper says:

Wow! Looks like I have to take a trip to Calgary and finagle my way into your studio. Amazing!

6. Really enjoyed your entries for this challenge. Well done.

7. […] weekly photo challenge : color | Time To Be Inspired […]

8. Lesley says:

Terri, I LOVE your world of colour! How absolutely gorgeous and stimulating!

9. Wonderful color…as if I am seeing many rainbows into one page.
    By the way, whose cat is that Terri?

10. Touch2Touch says:

Fabric in colors is the bomb! Each of these is so adorable.
    And the CAT!
    Wow.

11. Deepa says:

Hi Terri, thanks for following my blog.
    It seems Kush has that special cat talent of squeezing into the smallest and most awkward places for a nap. Very cute and nice pics.

12. […] weekly photo challenge : color | Time To Be Inspired […]

13. Hillary Ames says:

Kush can wear any color, and she accessorizes so well!

14. They really are lovely colors. I want to go buy some flowers and bright material right now!

15. ranu802 says:

Dear Terri,
    In the Daily Post,we were supposed to pick the third post scrolling down. In my case, It was yours..As required I picked your third sentence and made my own post.You might be interested to read what I came up with.I was so glad,it is a blog I follow.I thought it was pretty cool!

16. Oohhh, love that painting! 🙂

17. Great colors and love that Kush!

18. […] weekly photo challenge : color | Time To Be Inspired […]

19. musingmar says:

Stunning, striking colour! And that gorgeous cat too – lovely post!

20. Art and Picture Framing says:

A Colourful personality for a colour challenge ah yes this is you Terri.
    Great photos, your quilt looks like it’s going to be the new bright spot in your home.

21. Tina Schell says:

Some wonderful shots! Particularly like the little shoes and the cat on the shelf 🙂

22. Colline says:

Love those shoes in the first photograph.

23. […] weekly photo challenge : color | Time To Be Inspired […]

24. ranu802 says:

I love your colourful photographs and Kush your gorgeous cat is looking cute in the middle of all those colourful objects.Thank you.
    Ranu

25. Loads for colors! But I do love the cat!

26. Great selection of colourful images, will take a look at other posts on your site!

27. […] weekly photo challenge : color | Time To Be Inspired […]

28. poppytump says:

Just the very challenge I can see you couldn’y resist Terri ! What a lovely colourfilled studio with Kush there unable to resist it either 🙂

29. what a great post! i love all of the images, but wow, that was fun to see the cat nestled on that stack of color!

30. These are fabulous! So Gorgeous. And Kush … she’s so cute!

31. Impossible to say no to colour – especially for you. Keep those colours coming Terri – they are a great gift to all the rest of us….

32. You’ve definitely found the perfect photo challenge.. you just emanate “color” Terri.. your home.. your craft.. your beautiful cat’s eyes.. color is at it’s finest when it’s around you! xx

33. artblablablablog says:

Oh my, your studio is incredible, gorgeous colors! I would say you have risen to the occasion! Love the photo of the cat in the fabric closet, startling and beautiful!